22 February 2017

Hoopoes (and other birds)

When we came to Saudi Arabia I hoped to see hoopoes, because I loved them in Kyrgyzstan even if they weren't very common. They don't come to my yard here, but I see them most days when I go on a walk. There are a few spots where I usually see them.  I'll have to take a real camera to get a better photo.


Mynahs, sparrows, doves, and pigeons are really common here, and so are white-eared bulbuls.  They're the most interesting ones to see out of the birds I see all the time.  I also see black scrub robins quite often.  I'm hoping to see white wagtails someday.

1 comment:

  1. It is fun to read about your birds again. I looked at them all online. That black scrub robin certainly has busy tail feathers. Are there any pet mynahs talking in your neighborhood to make you think of Mexico? I'd love to see more photos of hoopoes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete