31 October 2016

We went out for a quick evening adventure in the car again.  This time we drove around Wadi Hanifa a bit and decided that there's a lot more exploring to do there. Here's an article about it. http://archive.aramcoworld.com/issue/201201/a.wadi.runs.through.it.htm

On the way home we stopped at a couple of bakeries I'd been curious about near Takhassousi Street.  One turned out to be a tandoor bakery! They said it was Pakistani, but it's probably really Afghani tamis.  Anyway, it was so nice to eat hot tandoor bread again.  You cannot recreate the smell and flavor of tandoor bread any other way.  I need to do more research to find out about the word origin.  The baker had a rolling bread stamp that he zipped over the dough really quickly and the bread baked quickly too.

Also, I'm getting a lot quicker at the grocery store and sometimes I have time to wander around a bit while I'm waiting for the other people in the car.  Today I found the bakery cookies.  There were lots of tasty-looking ones that we'll have to try.  I got some cashew cookies and some Indian salted cumin cookies.  They were amazing.  http://www.cookwithmanali.com/cumin-cookies-jeera-biscuits/

1 comment:

  1. Glad you went exploring. Thanks for the recipe link.

    ReplyDelete