31 July 2016

I wish I'd known before we came here that a combination of the weather, local laws, employer policies, and our travel plans would combine to make these first few weeks here astonishingly boring.  We're doing pretty well considering what we're working with, but I'm not sure how long we can make it.  If I'd known, I'd have mailed some games and activities before we left, but it's too late now.

It's possible we'll get a sort-of real internet connection soon (and I can't even tell you what had to happen to get the data we're using now) and that would make a huge difference.  We're also hoping that the older boys can start volunteering somewhere soon.  And the stuff and the real Internet connection will happen sometime.  It's all temporary.

I also don't know how much I can use the driving service here and I don't want to cause problems, but I also have a lot of things I need to get done.  Like I said earlier, I was able to get a lot done right at the beginning but there are other pieces that take more time and it's hard when you have to make returns, when it takes three different steps to get a cell phone set up, and when we're working around prayers.  I can't wait for the bicycles to arrive so I can at least get around the neighborhood without needing a ride.  

Our neighbors loaned us some games and DVDs, I was able to get more ebooks for the middle son, the oldest has claimed the cellular data we do have, and I was able to check out some cookbooks from the library so I can plan some meals with the new ingredients I have.  I've been waking up early (not on purpose) so I can get the laundry hung early and work on the garden a bit.  We've played Happy Moldova Day! a million times.  I can go to the mall and walk there for a little exercise.  I'm going to do some school things with the youngest this week (although that's tricky without any books, computers, or paper).

I think that today I'll try to get my own abaya.  I'm thinking I'll get two- a basic pullover for regular outings and one that's nicer and easy to take off.  But we shall see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment