07 January 2016

New York City

We did a really quick trip to New York last week that everyone loved.  We were able to drive around Manhattan a bit without traffic, see lots of buildings and lots of Lego stores, stopped at the Museum of Natural History, rode the Staten Island Ferry, and while the husband and boys were doing their thing, I got to wander around the Lower East Side.

I grew up thinking cities were a bad idea and that I'd never want to live in one.  I really hate traffic and crowds so that makes sense, right?  But then I started living in them and I found out that I love them.  They're filled with stories and history and food and things to see and if you do things right, you don't have to deal with the crowds and traffic.  I feel more anonymous in a city than in a smaller place.

Going to New York also reminded me how good we have it in DC with so many free things to do.  And it reminded me how much I'd love to live there for a while because I don't want to be a tourist there.

No comments:

Post a Comment