04 January 2016

2015 and 2016

I had this post partly ready to go and then we went to New York and I didn't get it finished till today.  Still counts.

Here's what I hoped for this year, with the stuff I did crossed off:


Walk normally ASAP
Yucatan
Guanajuato with the boys
Morelia
Oaxaca?  Probably wishful thinking
Cousins visit
No medical mishaps or emergencies for anyone
Everyone makes it to the US for a quick visit in June
Master tamale making so I can eat them anywhere in the world
Explore western Mexico more
More pyramids
Visit Charlottesville
New York City at least once
Get ready to wring everything we can out of a few months in Washington DC
ARABIC


Pretty good. It is cheating to say we went to New York because we didn't get there till January 1st, but I'll count it. And I wouldn't say I capitalized Arabic, although a lot has come back to me. The Yucatan trip was one of the best things we've ever done.  So amazing. It was a good year although I knew I'd have to leave Mexico and I never like leaving another country.  That part has been as bad as usual. Maybe someday it won't be so bad?

This year:

  • Finish Washington DC.  I don't want to have a lot of things I wish I'd done. I'll be back, but it probably won't ever be both as easy as it is right now to see all the things.
  • Have school go well for everyone
  • Get to Saudi by train and ship and not so many planes (at least with a few trains?)
  • Figure out how to live in Riyadh reasonably well by the end of the year
  • ARABIC
  • Moderation in all things 
  • Write something?

No comments:

Post a Comment