31 December 2014

New Year's Eve

So, another year gone. 2014 was less eventful than 2013 because we didn't move.  2014 was the first time since 2003 that we haven't moved in a calendar year.  We sort of made up for it with medical mishaps though since I was in the hospital twice this year after never spending any time in one except to give birth.

Here's what I hoped for this year:

Go to the ocean
Go to the mountains
Cook
Read
Write
Explore
Camp
Hike
Play
Know where we're going next
Trip to the US or somewhere else
I suppose I should learn Spanish

And we pretty much did this stuff, but it turned out so much better than I would have imagined.  We spent a month in Mexico DF between two different trips and I'll spare you my love for DF since you either have read about it or you don't care.  Visiting Guanajuato in March was wonderful.  And we did go to the US which wasn't my top choice, but what the rest of the family wanted.  I can't complain.  And we know we're moving to Riyadh next year. And I know more Spanish than I did a year ago. I guess this counts as a pretty successful year.

So here's what I want for 2015:

Walk normally ASAP
Yucatan
Guanajuato with the boys
Morelia
Oaxaca?  Probably wishful thinking
Cousins visit
No medical mishaps or emergencies for anyone
Everyone makes it to the US for a quick visit in June
Master tamale making so I can eat them anywhere in the world
Explore western Mexico more
More pyramids
Visit Charlottesville
New York City at least once
Get ready to wring everything we can out of a few months in Washington DC
ARABIC

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great year for your family.

    ReplyDelete