12 November 2014

The Alice Behind Wonderland

So I tried another Simon Winchester.  The only reason I made it through this one was because it was an audiobook and it was really short because, as usual, the book wasn't about the Alice behind Wonderful, but it was about whatever Winchester felt like writing about.  So it was about early photography and a little tiny bit about Alice, but mostly Winchester's ramblings about Carrol's feelings about Alice as shown in his photos.  Blah blah blah.

After reading some other reviews, I'm glad I listened to it since I was able to look up the photos online as Winchester was talking about them.  Apparently they're not in the book which seems rather unfortunate for a book about photography.

Stellar review, right?

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was stellar! What is with him, anyway? I read The Professor and the Madman and was like, um, that was a magazine article, at best, longform, I guess? Glad to see this review.

    ReplyDelete