26 November 2014

So I was back in the hospital for a night last week because I broke my foot quite thoroughly and needed surgery.  But this time there were no food restrictions and I finally got to eat breakfast there.  It was green chilaquiles, yakult, a cheese pastry, orange juice, and a thick, warm pink drink.  I skipped the warm pinkness, but the rest was delicious.  You should go to Mexico for your medical procedures not only for the savings, but for the food.

Now I am sore, sore, sore from the crutches.  They don't do knee walkers here (we tried really hard),  so the combination of stairs and crutches has worked muscles I didn't even know I had.  My youngest still thinks the crutches are amazing.  Except he calls them crunches and I cannot correct him.

So I get to spend Thanksgiving, two birthdays, our anniversary, Christmas, and New Years on crutches. But I should be good to go to the Yucatan in January so I'm not complaining.  I'm also not complaining that there's absolutely no way I can do the laundry.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry you were in the hospital, but hooray for delicious food! I had the best hospital food after delivering a baby last year. The best. It makes the hospital a kinder place to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your timing is impeccable :). I wish you a good recovery, and a relaxing holiday season where you don't have to do too much!

    ReplyDelete