12 September 2014

Odds and Ends

Warning to my spider-hating sister.  You might want to skip this one.  Or just the photo at the end.  The rest is not scary.

My youngest son who goes to school leaves 45 minutes earlier this year than last year.  I don't really like it.  It's the first time I've ever had to consistently wake a child up and it just feels wrong.  But it is nice to have his carpool come at 7:30 so I can get the cleaning for the day out of the way by 8.  Because if I don't clean a little every day, this house takes over my life.

Actually, I am waking up the older two boys too, but that's not till 9.  I feel no guilt waking people up at 9 even if I wish I could let them sleep as long as they wanted.  But we tried that last year it didn't work.  And both have a lot more work this year.

Today's new thing at the tianguis will hopefully be fresh mint.  It's not technically new, but since I haven't tried to buy it here before, it counts.  I really want these kebabs for dinner.

I cannot understand why we don't have more bugs in our house.  There are cracks and gaps everywhere that bugs can crawl through, but they don't.  All my neighbors have bugs and spray for them, but not us.  I'm wondering if the previous tenants did some super spray, but it's been over a year and it couldn't last that long.

But I did bring in a spider with the sheets yesterday from the line.  I had to find a quarter since I didn't think people would know the size of a 10 peso coin. I'm pretty sure it's a harmless Green Lynx spider.  From what I could find, this one was unusually large.



4 comments:

  1. I would have died. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool spider! the all this is quite interesting: the shape of the body, the "spiky" legs and the appendages at the front... Very interesting looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that it's an usually interesting spider. I'm glad it visited.

    ReplyDelete