18 October 2013

Lament and Ballad

I'm reviewing these together since they go together and I read them together.  There's only these two books in the series right now, but apparently there's going to be another one appearing someday in 2015.  Or not.  I was thinking at first that I'd be safe with books published in 2008 and 2009, but no.  2015 is far enough away to forget about everything anyway.

I don't think I've read anything else by Maggie Stiefvater and I liked these two books.  I thought the setting in each was good (and I liked they were in my part of Virginia) and I liked the characters.  I liked getting to know both Dee and James from different perspectives.  I liked that they used Celtic traditions quite nicely.  And they were quick to read. 

Some things were a little weird- it seemed like there were a lot of characters introduced that just sort of disappeared without having much point, or who just were lost track of.  And things that seemed like they ought to be explained weren't.  Maybe in two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment