17 September 2013

Move #20

There's another move coming up soon.  This will be our 20th since we were married almost 16 years ago.  I am so ready to stay put in Mexico for two entire years. We haven't stayed in one house for two years in a very long time.  Here's how long we've stayed in different places for about 10 years, with a few gaps.

Current house for 4 months
6 weeks
8 months
10 months
8 months

We should have been in our house in Seattle for 28 months, but we had to move out in the middle for repairs.  So that's 11 months, 1 month, and 15 months (give or take a week or two).

12 months
14 months
10 months
12 months

And that takes you all the way back to 2002 when we built a house and lived in it for 26 months.  That was a lot shorter than we'd planned but it turned out to be a long time for us.

So I am delighted about the idea of moving into a new house soon and being able to plan on staying there for 2 years.  I might not ever want to leave.


4 comments:

  1. My guess is Central Asia will be calling you by then and you will be ready. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the powers-that-be hear it calling us too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you make me feel normal about moving around dozens of times.

    Do you dream of settling down someday? I do, but only if it's in Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really dream of settling down. There are too many places I want to see. Staying in one place for two years seems about perfect.

    I hope you find a permanent home in Italy someone.

    ReplyDelete