30 August 2013

The End of Your Life Book Club

I really enjoyed this memoir in many ways.  The author and his mother are intelligent and worth reading about, and even though I thought it might be sentimental, it wasn't at all.  And there are plenty of good books in here, even if they criticize ereaders.  I might not have a pile of books around me when I die, but there will be plenty in my head and I'll probably have more years to read for not having to haul them around the world.

My only complaint is that the author's mother is portrayed as practically a saint and that got old.  She's also the type that seems to love to tell others how they ought to spend their money and live their lives.  Even though I completely agree with every one of her causes, I think I prefer my mother.

1 comment: