03 December 2012

The Round Ones

So the first three ornaments were all cute little things.  The way the story goes, my older sisters got more traditional round ornaments those years. Someone pointed that out to my mother- that the older daughters got "boring" ones and the younger ones were more unique.  So my mother switched the pattern after that and their ornaments were more creative and my little sister and I got round ones for the next few years.

I don't know if I have the story entirely right, but I like it no matter what and always think about it when I hang these three ornaments. And I like them even if they are boring, athough one does have sappy daughter sentiments on the side.

2 comments:

  1. Your little sister only got one "boring" round one. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have been born at the right time then. Is your round one sappy?

    ReplyDelete