08 December 2012

High in the Clouds

I suppose the next nativity is this one, although I'm not entirely sure if it should come before the next ones.  This one is definitely the oldest one I have since it was in my parents' house while I was growing up.  Sometimes I benefit from my mother's decluttering.   There were other nativities that we were given before this one, but they got moved on our end.

It always amuses me that this set has identical shepherds.  It really isn't the most beautiful set (which is probably why my mother passed it on), but it reminds me of getting out the Christmas decorations and finding the long blue box where it was stored.  There were a satisfying number of pieces to unwrap and set up.  And it seems it was on a green cloth?  I could be making that part up.

No comments:

Post a Comment