31 December 2012

Goodbye 2012

I suppose I ought to do one more post before the year ends.  Here's the checklist from the beginning of the year.

No visa woes
Visit Uzbekistan
Don't run out of money
Best homeschooling year ever
Stay in Bishkek till the summer
Don't move more than twice
Dissertation done
Read more
Write more
Research more
Fit more
Russian more
No mooching
Play more games

We didn't make it to Uzbekistan (again) and I didn't do much writing, and Russian learning stopped when we left Bishkek (and was undermined anyway because I heard more Russian on the streets in Tokmok than in our particular neighborhood in Bishkek).  And the dissertation isn't done, although that's not my husband's fault.  It has to be done in the next few months or the world will come to and end, so I'll add to to this year's list.

I don't have very much to say about this year, but I can come up with something, I hope.  I'm really only willing to talk about the next seven months though because that's how long our lease is and how long we have to work here.

Go to the ocean
Colonial Williamsburg
Explore, explore, explore
Read more
Great homeschooling year
Camp more
Hike more
Play more

It appears I want to get out this year.  Virginia is a great place to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment