03 October 2012

Savory Galette

I like to make fruit galettes, but it had never occurred to me to make a savory one till I read about it somewhere.  I used the entire recipe from the link above for the pastry and rolled it out, then topped it with the ingredients below, folded over the edges a bit, and baked for about 30 minutes.

Mix all this together:

1/2 head chopped cabbage (or about 4 cups)
1/3 lb cooked sausage or some other meat, or fried tofu, or skip it entirely
1 thinly sliced red onion
2 cloves sliced garlic
a few tablespoons olive oil
1 tsp salt, or to taste
crushed red pepper, to taste
other herbs, if you want (I used zaatar)

I think that's everything I used.  There was a lot of cabbage and it was pretty heaped up so it didn't look beautiful, but it was really yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment