18 April 2012

A Few Photos

I think this will be one of the few photos we have of someone smiling and wearing a kalpak.  Smiles aren't as common here as in the US.

See?

While we were at Osh Bazaar on Saturday I kept seeing cakes with very colorful decorations, which I hadn't seen before.  I don't know if I'm just clueless, or if this is new, or if it's a spring thing, but the spice people all were selling these brightly colored toppings.  You can see the space left for the spices on the left at the back.  That's what I was there for.

Mosque in a village outside Bishkek.  I think it was Chon-Tash.

I think we always see sheep in the mountains.  And other animals.  That's part of what makes finding a spot to picnic difficult.

Looking out over the valley after we came out of the mountains.

This is a new mosque in the southeast part of Bishkek.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the one of the spring spice market. It looks like a cross between Arabian Nights and My Little Pony.

    ReplyDelete