13 April 2012

Destination a Day: Kamchatka

This is another place I'm not sure that I'd like to actually live, but I really want to visit the geysers in Kamchatka.  The main reason that it's not really practical to live there to do that is that the geysers are only accessible by helicopter and it's not like living an hour from Yellowstone and driving up every week or two like we did a few years ago.  I'm not sure that visiting the geysers once would make up for spending a year in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky.

But it isn't hot there.  That's a definite plus.

2 comments:

  1. We have so many similar experiences!

    My husband has been twice to Kamchatka. It's basically the love of his life. All his photos are up on http://enchemin.eu Kyrgyzstan is not up there yet. And my flickr account expired and ate up most of my photos from Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Ukraine, etc. Still his photos are amazing, so feel free to browse around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos. Thanks for linking to them.

    You've been to so many places I want to go to!

    ReplyDelete