05 October 2011

Fortunately Unfortunately

Unfortunately the gas is off.

Fortunately some friends of ours warned us it might be off for a week
for repairs so I don't have to wonder if there is something I ought to
do about it.

I bought fish for the first time in eight months yesterday and
intended to cook it on the stove.

My stove is a combination of gas and electric.

There is just one wimpy electric burner and it took 90 minutes to cook
a meal that should have taken 30 (the fish was delicious though).

I can bake dinner instead till the gas is supposed to come back on
next week and it's cool enough outside to consider turning the stove
on.

I have no idea what to bake for an entire week. I rarely bake even
one part of dinner, much less most or all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment