14 September 2011

Six Years Ago in Bishkek

I've been looking back at my posts from 6 years ago when we moved to Bishkek the first time.  There's this one about stuff I wish I'd brought with me.  This time I was smart enough to bring good knives and even though I forgot the clothespins in the last-minute shopping, my mother brought some when she visited.

All the stuff on that list is available here though, and I know where to find it this time.  The biggest difference is that then I had a four-year-old and a six-year-old, and this time my children and 12, 10 and 3.  It is much easier this time to find things and honestly, like I keep saying, after Tokmok Bishkek is the land of plenty and ease.

And there's a post about the first time I went to an orphanage.  I haven't done that this time around.  It might be easier to get out with three children, but homeschooling them sucks up almost all of my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment