31 August 2011

Eid al-Fitr, the Bazaar, and Independence Day

I have a few more hours of unlimited internet access before it turns off for our move, so I wanted to get some photos up from the last few days.


This is the only store in the Tokmok Bazaar that nearly always has decent pasteurized milk.  Both women who work there got to know us very well.

The orientation is odd, but this is Layla who sells me all my laghman and salads.  I'll miss her.





The only way I've gotten most people to let me take their picture is to tell them we're moving soon.  But this woman was happy to pose for us.  She sells me nearly all of our rice, cracked wheat, oil, and beans.


Doesn't it look great?

There were lots of people at the bazaar today for Independence Day and Eid al-Fitr.  Lots of buses from the towns and villages around Tokmok.




No comments:

Post a Comment