27 July 2011

What We've Been Doing for Fun

There's a chance we'll be moving to Bishkek in the next few months, if all the stars align correctly (when all of the government funding for your grants gets cut and others try to make it up, it gets complicated to know where you're going when, but we're glad someone else is stepping in to help).  So the new entertainment at our house is looking at apartments for rent in Bishkek.

The only reason I mention it is that there are photos of a lot of the apartments and I love to see how people have redone apartments.  Some are rather unique.  It's too bad they don't take a photo of the outside of the building too (not that that would be good advertising), just to compare what you'd expect with what actually is inside.

Let me know if you find something amazing.  Or amusing.

1 comment:

  1. I had such a laugh lookig at the pictures. It totally reminded me of some of the apartments I had in Kaz....things like super shiny gold coloured taps which sometimes actually gave water when opened (we had trouble with the hot water system). I love the contrast of the attempted rich look with the reality.

    ReplyDelete