- Even though most of the Uzbeks in town think we're spies, our neighbors don't
- Both the fridge and the freezer are working. The freezer is slowly icing up, like usual, but there should be a few weeks until I have to frantically thaw it out before everything goes bad.
- The pump is working again. There is nothing more I need to say about that happy event.
- Most days haven't been over 35 degrees
- We would have been going to Khujand, Tajikistan next year if the US government had funded the Fulbright-Hayes. I don't think this is a good one, but my children do.
- The internet works as long as the electricity works.
- Walnuts look very interesting inside before they dry
- There are currently 6 liters of milk sitting in my fridge. 6!
- After trying for six months to find someone who could come to the house daily to help me with Russian, I finally have a good Russian teacher
- We have 4 fans
- There are chocolate chips in the freezer and peanut butter in the fridge (hot kitchen)
21 July 2011
I Can't Hear My Complaining
When Blogger wasn't accessible for a few days, I'd been planning on posting about all the things that weren't working right in our house. So I wrote that up and posted it elsewhere and felt a lot better the next morning. And there really are a lot of things that are going okay here. Here's a few: