05 February 2011

It Was Worth Every Page

We've been schooling off ereaders now since September, so it didn't seem weird to do it when we finally got to Kyrgyzstan a few weeks ago, but I keep thinking how much harder this move would have been if we hadn't had all these ebooks.  And how fun is it to check ebooks out of the library and buy ebooks from Amazon, even in Kyrgyzstan?  I keep remembering how hard it was last time just to find enough books for me to read; I don't know what I'd have done if the boys had been reading then as much as they do now. 

I always tell people that we homeschool because we move so often (there's a lot more to it than that, but it's a simple and safe answer), and it always amazes me every time we move how easy it is to start school again- it's like we never went anywhere and school is a constant.  Pretty much the only constant.  And now we literally can do it anywhere on this planet.  Good thing, because I have a few interesting places I want to live.

1 comment:

  1. Glad it is going well. I'm sure your children appreciate the constants in life - family and school.

    ReplyDelete