10 February 2010

The Catcher in the Rye

The Catcher in the RyeYes, this was the first time I've read this book, and no, I didn't read it because of Salinger's recent death.  It's been scheduled for one of my book groups for several months.  And no, I don't like the cover that's pictured here, but it was about my only option.

So.  I liked it, but I wish now I'd read it in high school, because I think I'd have liked it more then.  Or at least I'd have found it interesting to compare my reaction to it then to what it is now.  Of course, I probably wouldn't have read it in high school, because of all the swearing.  Now I didn't notice it; it's not overdone, I thought, and it doesn't feel in-your-face.  It's just there. 

I imagine everything to say that could be said about this book has been said, so I'll just say I enjoyed it. I really did.  Even if you have to be in the mood for this sort of book.

No comments:

Post a Comment