25 January 2010

When Everything Changed: The Amazing Journey of American Women from 1960 to the Present

When Everything Changed: The Amazing Journey of American Women from 1960 to the PresentI loved this book.  Julie recommended it several months ago and it finally came in at the library.  And it should be a popular book, because it really is that good.  It pulled together so many pieces of women's history over the last 50 years and put them into a readable and interesting story.  There were several women whose anecdotes and stories were quoted often throughout the book, and I didn't really like keeping track of whether I should remember someone or not, but aside from that small complaint, I very much enjoyed this book.

There were a lot of great quotes in this book, but one that will stick with me is that women my age can't even comprehend that things used to be so different for women.  I really can't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment