21 January 2010

This Is Why I Decided I Like Living in a City

This morning I went to the library, the produce market, and a Pakistani store for spices.  When the 2-year-old wakes up, we're going to a nature preserve for science.  Another day I stopped at three different grocery stores to buy what was on sale, so the fresh cod, the satsuma mandarins, the toilet paper, and the milk all fit into the budget.  And I got to do it all without the stupid car.

There are a few things I need to drive to (the super-cheap grocery store (but I wouldn't want to haul home everything I get there without a car) and a few other ethnic stores (I'd love to have a Korean market, a SE Asian market, and a Middle Eastern market nearby)), but I love that hardly ever have to drive anymore. 

I don't love everything about cities, but the thing I hate the most and with a passion is the traffic.  I'm glad I figured out that I don't have to deal with it.

1 comment:

  1. We will have to find some places outside of Beirut to visit then. Of course, we would have anyway since the best places are NOT in Beirut.

    ReplyDelete