22 October 2009

The Hungry Tide

The Hungry Tide: A Novel
There was a lot I liked about this book, and when I closed the book I thought it had been a worthwhile read. But still, there's just a little something in the back of my brain that thinks it wasn't quite as good as it could have been. I felt like there were a lot of ideas that were just hinted at and not really developed. Sometimes that's okay, but not here.

This was another book group read, and I think it'll be interesting to talk about, especially since the woman who is leading the discussion is married to an Indian. Some of what I liked, and what bothered me, were the relationships between the various characters. They were sort of cliched, but then, they weren't at all cliched. I'm looking forward to the discussion.

I really liked learning a bit more about this area of India that I've only read a little about. Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment