09 September 2009

Another Library Meme

From Melissa

1.If you don’t frequent your local library, why not?
There have been times that I haven't used the local library much, usually because there's a better university library available. Or because the local library is pathetic and didn't allow requests from other libraries.


2. If you do visit the library, how often do you go?
Once a week, every week.


3. Do you have a favorite section that you always head to first, or do you just randomly peruse the shelves?
No randomness. I'd rather browse on Amazon. I head for the hold section, check out my books, and leave. This city has lots of small branches which makes picking up books I want off the shelf unlikely, but there have been few books I want that I couldn't request, so I just need the hold section.


4. How many books are you allowed to check out at one time? Do you take advantage of this?
I think it's been 100, but the limit is changing. Since I go every week and I don't check out music and I'm on foot, I don't push the limit.


5. How long are you allowed to have the books checked out?
3 weeks.


6. How many times are you allowed to renew your check-outs, if at all?
Twice, if no one else has it on hold.


7. What do you love best about your particular library?
The holds.


8. What is one thing you wish your library did differently?
I agree with Melissa about the processing. Catching Fire isn't ready here yet either (but no one has been there to process it; they were really slow with The Last Olympian too).


9. Do you request your books via an online catalogue, or through the librarian at your branch?
Online every time. Why would I want to have to talk to anyone?


10. Have you ever chosen a book on impulse (from the online catalogue OR the shelves) and had it turn out to be totally amazing? If so, what book was it, and why did you love it?
Rarely. But one that I did find on the shelves was The Reindeer People. And if you know me at all, you know I'm a bit fanatic about that book. You should read it. I can't even link to one post about it, because I've blogged about it a lot.

1 comment:

  1. You know, even when we've lived places where our library is completely pathetic, I still went. I complained a lot, but I still went.

    And 100 books out?! WOW.

    ReplyDelete