02 September 2009

The Chosen

I reread this one because I love it, and to decide for sure if I want to do it for a book group. I don't know how many times I've read it, but based on the state of my paperback, it's been more than a few times.

If I do decide to go with this one, I want to do something from a Palestinian perspective the next month. Not that The Chosen is overly pro-Israeli, but it obviously is written from a Jewish perspective, and I think it would be interesting to discuss a different view the next month. But I can't think of quite the right book. It must be well-written, and I think preferably fiction, although it doesn't have to be. It also needs to be readily available at my library, and not brashly political or about Palestine (since The Chosen certainly isn't brash). The point here is to read good literature and learn something along the way. A book that is Muslim in the way this one is Jewish would be good too.

You'd think I'd have read something that would be perfect, but nothing is coming to mind.

1 comment:

  1. Let us know when you think of one, please.

    ReplyDelete