23 June 2009

The Actor and the Housewife

The Actor and the Housewife: A Novel
I read this one based on Melissa's review a few weeks ago. I think I liked it, although I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. As Melissa pointed out, it's sort of hard to define. I never could quite lose the feeling that it was a teenager thinking up the entire plot since it was so completely unbelievable (even though Shannon Hale does about as good a job with the plot as I think could have been done). It was funny though, and I liked that. Becky was more believable, but that's probably because I've known some Beckys.

It's the sort of book that's great for a weekend while the rest of the family is camping because it's the sort of book you zip through. But in the end, like most books that you zip through, it doesn't really stay with you.

I'll be interested to see how this one does though, since it is a very Mormon book that isn't being marketed solely to Mormons. And even though I don't not recommend it, but I'm not totally convinced it was really worth my time.

1 comment: