04 May 2009

Kindle

I have to admit that the Kindle gets more tempting every time I look at it. Usually I don't look at it, because it's really too expensive when I have a great library up the street, but when I'm hoping to live overseas, I get really excited about it. It would solve all my reading woes. It may not be quite as convenient to use outside the US as it is in the US, but it's so much better than any other options in Central Asia. When I was checking it out today, I was amazed at the number of books available to download. I didn't think a Kindle was worth it when it came out, but it would be now, under the right circumstances.

1 comment:

  1. I will be curious to hear your experience if you end up getting one. They never really appealed to me either but the overseas issue does change things. I think I would still miss the tactile aspect of flipping through a book, but with limited access to English books I can see how it would be very appealing and also convenient for traveling. Still on the fence but starting to think more about it and hoping they will get less expensive.

    ReplyDelete