05 February 2009

Tender at the Bone

Tender at the Bone: Growing Up at the TableSometimes you stumble on a book that's wonderful. A pleasure to read and interesting. One that you're not in any hurry to get through because every time you pick it up you know you'll be reading something you like. I don't remember where I found this recommendation, but I really enjoyed Tender at the Bone. It wasn't perfect (memoirs almost never are), and the food isn't necessarily my style, but Ruth Reichl's writing makes it all worth it. I'll be reading more of her books.

I think this will pretty much be the end of reading books that fit into Melissa's challenge. I've mostly gotten over January's food and travel fetish.

1 comment:

  1. I liked this one, too, but never read the "sequel". Garlic and Sapphires is my favorite of hers, though. You're right, though: her writing makes it all worth while.

    ReplyDelete