07 February 2009

French Milk

French MilkI wasn't going to read travel and food books for a while, but I picked this one up at the bookstore while I was there today with middle son. This one was quick to read, like his graphic novel, so we both finished our books at the bookstore. Two less things on hold.

Anyway, I didn't really enjoy this book. I think you need to relate somewhat to the author, or at least be interested in what she's doing, to enjoy this book since the writing isn't anything amazing. And I neither related nor cared about what she was doing. Her Paris wouldn't be my Paris. Of course, if I could spend 5 weeks in another country, I wouldn't even consider Paris. If you love all things Paris, I would think you'd love this book, but I can't recommend it.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I have never envisioned you as a Paris-type. Turkey, yes. Romania, maybe. But France? Paris? No. (I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not surprised you didn't like the book...) Anyway. Glad it was a quick read, and you didn't waste too much time on it...