18 October 2008

I'm just keeping track of books the boys have read (middle son) or listened to (older son) in the last week or two. I wish I'd started this sooner. I'm not trying to make any sort of statement here, just keeping track.

I'm always looking for recommendations for the boys. Oldest son is 9 and reads like a typical 9-year-old boy and listens to anything. He loves audiobooks. Middle son is 7 but reads very well, much better than his brother. He'll read anything.

Oldest son- The Watsons Go to Birmingham- 1963, Black Beauty, Peter and the Starcatchers, The Cay, The Tale of Desperaux, various Encyclopedia Brown mysteries, Adam Canfield of the Slash, Adam Canfield Watch Your Back!, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Eragon, Don't Know Much about World Myths, Dragon Rider, A Wrinkle in Time, A Wind in the Door, A Swiftly Tilting Planet, Holes, Half Magic, Because of Winn-Dixie, Spiderwick,

Middle son- Brothers of the Heart, Peter and the Starcatchers, Eve of the Emperor Penguin, Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle, Twenty and Ten

Stuff I've read to them in the last month or two- The Remarkable Voyages of Captain Cook, Frindle, Commodore Perry in the Land of the Shogun, The Bronze Bow, The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles, Summer of the Monkeys

2 comments:

  1. I've actually signed my 8 year old daughter up for a "shelfari" account where she keeps track of and reviews her own books. The loves to tag and see all the covers lined up on her shelf :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We started keeping track of our girls' reading 4 or 5 years ago. In the last 2 years, we've stopped. I think those lists are so much fun to look through, I'll have to see what they can remember and write them down.

    ReplyDelete