06 August 2008

I went to the funeral last week of a good friend of mine from high school. She died unexpectedly last Sunday, leaving behind her husband and 3-year-old son. We'd been friends since we were 12.

After I got the news, I found her blog that she'd started a few months ago. She just had a few posts, mostly about the house they bought last year and especially about her son.

I've been trying to write down anything I can remember about her when we were growing up, to send to her husband. She was a good friend in so many ways- her gift was to make people feel comfortable and welcome, and that gift increased after she got married. We'll all miss her.

1 comment:

  1. What a thoughtful thing to do. I'm sure Chris will cherish the memories you send as will the little one when he gets older.

    ReplyDelete