19 July 2008

Books Intestate

Natasha had an interesting thought in the comments a couple of days ago about what would happen to your books if you died tomorrow. Would your family get rid of them? Keep them?

I'm thinking that my husband would want to get rid of most of my books. We've moved them all over the place and he's never read the vast majority of them. But I'd hope he'd keep the children's books for the boys. And I think he'd keep most of the Islam and Central Asia books. The school books would go. He has no plans to continue with homeschooling if I'm gone.

Actually, I'd hope that he would let my friends and family go through them and keep what they want. Then he could get rid of most of the rest. I'm liking that idea. I'm sure he'll be so relieved to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment