06 October 2007

Pumpkin Bread Attempt #1

I decided to fiddle with the old pumpkin bread recipe today and I need to write down what I did right now before I forget. It's still in the oven so I won't have any results for a while, but the batter tasted pretty good. It was still plenty sweet even though I cut back on the sugar.

3 c white wheat flour (none in original)
1 c all purpose flour (original 6 cups white)
2 c white sugar (original 4 cups sugar)
1/4 c brown sugar (none in original)
1 T cinnamon (2 T in original)
1 T allspice (none in original)
2 tsp salt (same)
1/2 T baking soda (2 tsp in original)
1/2 T baking powder (none in original)
4 eggs (I think I'll cut back more on these next time- the original had 8 eggs)
29-oz can pumpkin (same)
1 1/4 c plain yogurt (none in original)
1/2 c applesauce (none in original)
1/2 c oil (1 c in original)

Bake at 375 for 50 minutes. I'll come back another day with the family's votes.

No comments:

Post a Comment