27 October 2007

Nineteen Minutes

This is my definition of escape fiction. Jodi Picoult's Nineteen Minutes is a very quick read despite its 450 pages. It's not amazing literature and you've got all the typical elements of a novel about teenagers (teenage girl being raised by a clueless single parent and has an abusive boyfriend), but Picoult writes a great story.

I did cheat and read ahead so I could go to sleep on Thursday night, since I can sleep if I just need know find out how it's going to happen instead of what will happen. Or else I would have stayed up much too late to finish the book.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend this one to sensitive types or who are quite careful about what they read, but other than that, it's a nice book to take up some time. And then move on to something more worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment