30 October 2007

If I Am Missing or Dead

This book has been going around one of the message boards I read, so I picked it up at the library. It's not a cheery book, as you'd probably guess from the title, but it is an important book about abuse. The author, Janine Latus, writes about her own abusive marriage and relationships and her sister's. The author manages to get out of hers; her sister Amy doesn't.

Like I said, this isn't a pleasant book to read although it's not graphic. But you see both of these women, Janine in particular since you get a lot more detail about her life, continuing on down paths that don't work.

I hope I never understand an abused woman's mindset, why she can't get out even when she has support to get out, how mentally unstable she becomes with an abusive man.

No comments:

Post a Comment