24 October 2007

Expanding Horizons

Melissa has posted a new reading challenge that starts in January. Go to her blog to read about it and make sure to post your list of books. I think I'll do the 6 book version, but I haven't decided yet on what I'll read. I've requested The Railway through ILL (since I never could track it down for the Reading Across Borders Challenge) and if I can get that one, I'll use it for Asia. My Name is Red would be good for the Middle East, but Turtlebella's Absent (see the comments at Melissa's blog) sounds like an excellent choice too. It'll probably come down to what is available at the right time at the library.

As might the entire list. I've been having a lovely time looking around on others' blogs to see what they'll be reading and I have a growing list of books to check out from the library. Then when it gets around to April, I'll see if I've read enough. Starting in January I'll add links to the books I read for the challenge.

And while I'm at it, here are some links to books I've read that could have been included here:
The Devil that Danced on the Water
Balzac and the Little Seamstress
Absent
The Saffron Kitchen
The Color of Water
Anything Can Happen
Siberian Village
Snow
From Heaven Lake
Nervous Conditions
A House for Mr. Biswas
Ancestor Stones
Things Fall Apart
Funny in Farsi
Soul
Memoirs of an Arabian Princess from Zanzibar
Reading Lolita in Tehran
Wild Swans

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That's a very efficient way to do it, Amira! Thanks for participating... I put up a Mr. Linky post for people to link to lists, if you want to make a link to this post (or if you get around to posting a formal list, you could link to that).

Amira said...

Maybe I'll just post a list of possibilities? I assume you'd allow that. :)