20 September 2007

New Library Books

My boys have decided that visiting the university library is great since the bookstacks are perfect for hiding in, so we went again today. It makes visiting the library a much more reasonable prospect since they have to be quiet enough that I can't find them. I had no idea these were almost exclusively about China till I typed this list up since I don't sit down all at once and decide what I'm going to check out. I'll review the ones that end up worth reading all the way through.

Eurasian Crossroads: A History of Xinjiang by James Millward

Beyond Great Walls: Environment, Identity, and Development on the Chinese Grasslands of Inner Mongolia by Dee Mack Williams

Forbidden Journey: From Peking to Kashmir by Ella Maillart

Wild West China: The Taming of Xinjiang by Christian Tyler

China's Muslims by Michael Dillon

The Mummies of Urumqi by Elizabeth Wayland Barber

Dislocating China: Muslims, Minorities, and Other Subaltern Subjects by Dru Gladney

For Prophet and Tsar: Islam and Empire in Russia and Central Asia by Robert Crews

The Tarim Mummies: Ancient China and the Mystery of the Earliest Peoples from the West by J.P. Mallory and Victor Mair

No comments:

Post a Comment