10 August 2007

I expect the dismal blogging record to continue till September when it will both be cooler and we will have moved. I am so looking forward to this move. And I don't even have to worry about it much because we are HIRING MOVERS. What a novelty. But there are no other options since my husband still is not well and I don't care to move the piano on my own. We're only taking a few things, so they won't even have much to break.

And there is a decent bus and train service and almost everything we need will be in no more than a mile away.

But the thing I'm looking forward to most is living in a more international city. Yes, there are plenty of Spanish-speakers in our current town, but I don't speak enough Spanish to be useful. I need a big city where people speak Arabic and Russian and Persian and sell tandoor naan. The city we're moving to barely qualifies, but it does.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! A post!

    Sorry about your husband's poor health... here's to a uneventful move and a delightful welcome to your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey -- I'm hoping you're going to check this sometime this morning... I didn't bring your email with me up to Aspen. Are we still on for today?? Email me... I'll try and check it before I leave here at 11. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still planning on it. See you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope all goes well for your move. A bigger city should suit you. My best to your husband, I hope he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete