11 April 2007

The Last Nail in the Log Cabin



The quilt's done! If I'd known the silly thing would take less than three more weeks to finish, I would have done it a long time ago. But it's done now. Too bad we don't have a queen size bed anymore. It'll have to rotate with the quilts on the stand since it doesn't fit well on a king size bed.

This is a traditional log cabin design. This particular set is usually called Straight Furrows. I started it about 6 years ago, give or take a year and it is untouched by the sewing machine. Since I HATE sewing machines. I wanted to do a more traditional design since the other quilts I've made have been based on my husband's designs. Maybe I'll take pictures of those sometime.

I'm so pleased. :)

6 comments:

  1. very nice amira. are you still crocheting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I can't read while I quilt, but I can while I crochet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be pleased!! I'm so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can read while you crochet????!!! That is amazing, I crochet and all my attention is paid to it. But then again, my eyes are not what they used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I figured if people can crochet when they are blind, then I could figure out a way to read when I crochet. I usually read when I'm working on a blessing dress though since the pattern is very easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to see pictures of the other quilts.

    ReplyDelete