06 April 2007

Laghman Revisited

So, I made laghman tonight, this time paying attention to the ingredients. You can add other vegetables if you like, like carrots or potatoes, but then it's not so much like the laghman I ate in Kyrgyzstan. This is enough for 4.

Noodles
Lots of oil (I use olive, I don't care what you use)
1 large onion, sliced
4 sweet peppers, sliced
4 cloves garlic, sliced
2 T tomato paste
Crushed red pepper

Prepare and boil the noodles, then stir-fry them over almost high heat in a wok till they start to get crispy. Put the noodles onto a plate. Add more oil to the wok and heat it almost to high again, then add the onions and cook for a few minutes, then add the peppers and the garlic. Stir-fry for about 5 minutes, then add the tomato paste and some salt and crushed red pepper. Cook a minute or two more, then add the noodles and stir-fry for one more minute. Serve hot.

3 comments:

  1. Gosh that looks and sounds so delicious! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed you added pictures of the food. Thanks!! Maybe you had it before, sorry if you did and I didn't notice. Prostiti!

    Let me know if you need someone to practice Russian with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time I've posted a picture of laghman I've cooked.

    We're also so rushed right when it's time to eat that I forget to take pictures of the food. This is a picture of the little bit that was leftover and it's so zoomed in so you don't see the plastic container it's sitting in. :)

    ReplyDelete