17 February 2007

Bliss

I get to check books out from the local university library for the first time tomorrow- I plan to make it worth every penny of the 50 dollars I paid for the privilege. Still I'll have to restrain myself and not check out too many. Here's the short list that will be even shorter by tomorrow morning. But I have a year to borrow books from there.

Russia's Orient: Imperial Borderlands and Peoples, 1750-1917

From Heaven Lake: Travels Through Sinkiang and Tibet

Arctic Mirrors: Russia and the Small Peoples of the North

Food Culture in Russia and Central Asia

The Languages of China

A History of the Peoples of Siberia

Sui-Tang Chang'an: A Study in the Urban History of Late Medieval China

Shamanism and Christianity: Native Encounters with Russian Orthodox Missions in Siberia and Alaska, 1820-1917

Against Their Will: The History and Geography of Forced Migrations in the USSR

No comments:

Post a Comment