28 October 2006

Country Gravy

3 T butter
3 T flour
2 c milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning (I've never used this, instead, I use some celery salt along with a some of a bay leaf and more pepper and a bit of cardamon, cloves, and paprika)

Melt the butter in the microwave or in a pot on the stove. Add flour and mix well, then add the milk and stir again. Heat for a minute at a time in the microwave, stirring each time it stops, or on the stove until thick.

2 comments:

  1. DO you know, I have never made gravy like that? I'll have to give it a whirl.

    I think you are quite a cook my dear. Sometimes I shake my head in wonder, at the things you ate/made while you were away.

    Thanks for stopping by the other day, it was great to hear from you.

    When ever I hear things about K, I automatically think of you. And I do hear them often. I listen to a LOT of short wave radio and also, I am a bit addicted to the news channels (some, I am a bit selective) on the XM. I also read a fair bit.

    I love the news that is brocast from Thialand. ( I am sure.. this is exciting to you, but hey..)

    Anyway.

    I hope you're well. ANd I too, stop by here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this gravy because I almost never cook meat, so this gravy is about all I can make.

    I'm glad you hear about Kyrgyzstan. I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete