27 October 2006

123rd Page

From Susan:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 4 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

This was nearest book; others were a few feet farther on the piano bench:

The system of supporting constructions, owing to the large size of these halls, become so complicated that the structure almost becomes and ornament in itself, thus giving the building a unique individuality.

You'll never guess, so I'll just tell you it's from Monuments of Central Asia. It's talking about madrasa Abdullah Khan in Bukhara.

1 comment:

  1. "As for personal correspondence, the law has always held that the recipient owns the physical letter itself but that the writer of the letter controls the right to reproduce it...."

    It's my Chicago Manual of Style Edition 13, left on the desk in my search for the Chicago 15.

    The book I wish was at hand was _Hannah Coulter_ by Wendell Berry. I just read it with my new book club and it blew my socks off.

    ReplyDelete