26 July 2006

All She Thinks About Is Books

I've browsed around Barnes and Noble a few times in the last few weeks and I think I just need to stop that because I always come away annoyed about the almost total lack of anything about any part of Central Asia (unless you count Afghanistan, there's plenty on that topic). They didn't even have anything about trendy Tibet.

I decided that it was time to leave after asking being directed to the Spanish-language section after asking for books on linguistics.

The library has been a lot more satisfying. I picked up Sons of the Conquerors: The Rise of the Turkic World today.

Maybe I just should arrange to meet more people who read good books. Julie gave me a copy of King Leopold's Ghost when we met at a museum today. I was thoroughly pleased.

1 comment:

  1. Very funny. My boys and I had a great time meeting you, and I was glad that I could find a better home for that really excellent book than my mother-in-law's DI box.

    ReplyDelete