14 May 2006

More Bones


We finally were able to get more chuko bones this week in Naryn. I'd been looking for them in Bishkek since last fall but had only managed to find a few. So we told our friends in At-Bashy that we wanted bones and they came through for us. Now I'll have enough to share some with my sister and mother who think they're cool too.

They were rather appalled though that their neighbors sold us the bones instead of just giving them to us. Personally, I was more than happy to pay for them since they had been cleaned. And they even painted some of them for us.

They also had a bone from a cow. You can see it on the top to the left, since it is so much bigger than the sheep bones. The games they showed us in At-Bashy were similar to the ones I'd already heard about.

No comments:

Post a Comment